Easy, vegan and no tools required. Whip up this Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip when your in a pinch for your next summer party.
Summer is almost here. With that comes backyard barbecues, long weekends and A LOT of food. It’s one of our favourite times of year for these very reasons. With the season also comes a lot of parties and whether you’re hosting or a guest being prepared with a delicious dish is a must! A good dip will always be our go-t0 shareable. They’re easy to make, keep well and can be made in a big or little quantity needed.
When you think of a 7 Layer Dip, this isn’t exactly what comes to mind. This dip will change your mind. Made with a combination of common ingredients that bring their own flavour profile to this dish, makes it complex yet simple to put together.
This Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip is as easy as a combination of store-bought ingredients that combined tastes like a freshly made right out of a chef’s kitchen. All you need is your choice of store-bought hummus, soy yogurt, variety of olives, cucumber, dill, tomatoes, parsley, stokes vegan feta cheese, yves falafel and lemons.
Check out the full recipe and video tutorial below.
Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip
- 280 g store-bought hummus
- 100 g (5 balls) Yves falafel, crumbled
- 80 g (1/3 cup) tomatoes, diced
- 50 g (1/3 cup) green olives, chopped
- 50 g (1/3 cup) kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup Stokes Vegan Feta
- 136 g (1/2 cup) non-dairy yogurt
- 55 g (1/4 cup) cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- (1/4 cup) fresh dill
- Combine yogurt with diced cucumber, lemon juice, dill and parsely. Stir to combine.
- In a shallow dish layer the dip. Start with hummus, then yogurt mixture, crumbled falafel, tomatoes, green olives, kalamata olives and vegan feta.
- Present with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of chopped parsley. (Optional) Serve alongside your choice of dippers. We like serving with fresh vegetables like carrots and celery, and some toasted pita.