Easy, vegan and no tools required. Whip up this Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip when your in a pinch for your next summer party.
Summer is almost here. With that comes backyard barbecues, long weekends and A LOT of food. It’s one of our favourite times of year for these very reasons. With the season also comes a lot of parties and whether you’re hosting or a guest being prepared with a delicious dish is a must! A good dip will always be our go-t0 shareable. They’re easy to make, keep well and can be made in a big or little quantity needed.
When you think of a 7 Layer Dip, this isn’t exactly what comes to mind. This dip will change your mind. Made with a combination of common ingredients that bring their own flavour profile to this dish, makes it complex yet simple to put together.
This Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip is as easy as a combination of store-bought ingredients that combined tastes like a freshly made right out of a chef’s kitchen. All you need is your choice of store-bought hummus, soy yogurt, variety of olives, cucumber, dill, tomatoes, parsley, stokes vegan feta cheese, yves falafel and lemons.
Check out the full recipe and video tutorial below.
Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip
- 280 g store-bought hummus
- 100 g (5 balls) Yves falafel, crumbled
- 80 g (1/3 cup) tomatoes, diced
- 50 g (1/3 cup) green olives, chopped
- 50 g (1/3 cup) kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup Stokes Vegan Feta
- 136 g (1/2 cup) non-dairy yogurt
- 55 g (1/4 cup) cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- (1/4 cup) fresh dill
- Combine yogurt with diced cucumber, lemon juice, dill and parsely. Stir to combine.
- In a shallow dish layer the dip. Start with hummus, then yogurt mixture, crumbled falafel, tomatoes, green olives, kalamata olives and vegan feta.
- Present with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of chopped parsley. (Optional) Serve alongside your choice of dippers. We like serving with fresh vegetables like carrots and celery, and some toasted pita.
How to make Plant-Based Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip