While testing and shooting content for other videos we discovered how versatile and delicious puff pastry is. We had just come across an inexpensive ravioli mould, and other than the obvious ravioli we weren’t too sure what we could use it for. Enter puff pastry.
We shot this video and made this recipe the firs time we tried it, so they aren’t the prettiest, but boy they were delicious! We could have eaten a million of those delicious babies.
After filming the video we tried sooooo many different fillings, so if you like this idea it can be customised and made with so many different fillings! This is truly one of those recipes that seems complicated but is actually the easiest.
Puff Pastry Pockets 2 Ways
- 1 box puff pastry, thawed
- flour, for dusting
- 1 batch of our vegan queso dip
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup vegan marshmallows
- oil to brown
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whip up a batch of our vegan queso dip and set aside.
- Bring a small pot to a boil. Toss in broccoli and cook until fork tender. Once fork tender, roughly chop into smaller pieces.
- Add chopped broccoli to your queso and mix until all covered. Set aside.
- On a well floured surface roll out your puff pastry until about 1/4″ thick. Cut in half.
- Flour the ravioli pan and gently putted rolled puff pastry to cover all spots. With a wet paper towel gently push dough into each mould.
- Fill half your pockets with cheesy broccoli mix and the other half with a dark chocolate square and a marshmallow.
- Put other half of puff pastry over the filled mould and press to seal.
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Place each pocket on a lined backing sheet. Brush with some oil to brown.
- Bake until golden.