We love cauliflower. In case you didn’t know, we make a lot of recipes with cauliflower. It’s the perfect vegetable; versatile, delicious and nutritious. If you haven’t had one of our favourite cauliflower dishes, cauliflower wings, you’re missing out. We’ll never tire of cauliflower, it’s such a versatile ingredient. What ingredient can be used to make cheese sauce, burgers, wings and a great appetizer? Cauliflower is magic. However, today isn’t about any of that. Today is about steak, cauliflower steaks.
We know, that sounds odd. Get the traditional sense of a steak out of your mind, it’s not like that. Instead we’re using the general definition, as in a slab or slice of something. So how do we make them? Slice up cauliflower and roast until perfectly crispy. You’re looking for a tender cauliflower with crispy edges. While the cauliflower steaks bake, move on to making the curry dill sauce. Throw together all the ingredients and mix until smooth. Once complete drizzle or dip.
Makes a delicious main or in smaller portions as a side. We’d also recommend using this sauce on EVERYTHING! Think fries, burgers and anything else you can think of.
Roasted Cauliflower with Curry Dill SaucePrint
- 2 cauliflowers
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Wash and cut your cauliflower into steaks vertically. Because of the structure of a cauliflower, you won't get a lot of steaks out of it. However you can use the rest of the cauliflower as florets for a great appetizer.
- Lay out the cauliflower on a lined baking sheet and brush with your avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake cauliflower for 20 minutes or until golden.
- While the cauliflower bakes you can make your sauce by combining the mayo, water, dill, curry paste, turmeric and garlic powder.
- Serve cauliflower with a generous drizzle of sauce.