The holidays is all about the main dish, however you cannot have a main dish with out its supporting sides. Sides can be tricky. They need to be delicious, however too delicious and they steal the show from the main component. These roasted asparagus and squash is the perfect combination for a complimentary side dish.
You are now one step closer to having a 100% plant-based and your best holiday season yet. Last week we gave you the perfect main and a side for your holiday. This week we bring you TWO more amazingly delicious sides! You can have have too many sides.
The squash seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg is both warm and comforting. The flavours automatically bring a smile to your face. The asparagus is the perfect match and holds it’s ground in its simplicity. This asparagus is seriously a go-to year round, but we just love the warmth it brings to the holiday season.
So it’s time to dive head first into this delicious dish, you won’t regret it.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS & SQUASH
- 1 medium squash
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tsp olive oil, , divided
- salt + pepper, , to taste
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Halve the squash and scoop out the guts with a spoon. Rinse and pat dry.
- Slice into 1/2″ slices and add to a bowl.
- Mix with 1 tbsp olive oil, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper, and agave nectar. Mix until all pieces are coated evenly.
- Lay on a lined baking sheet, making sure they are evenly spread out.
- Cut about 1.5″ off of the bottom of each asparagus. Lay on the same baking sheet evenly spread out. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Nom and enjoy. Share with family and friends if you can stop yourself from eating them all.