Vegan Rocky Road Cookies; Ooey, gooey chocolate cookies filled with vegan marshmallows, almonds and chocolate chunks.
Cookies; have you ever met anyone who doesn’t like them? Whether you have a sweet tooth or not, cookies probably hold a close place in your heart. In our eyes, cookies are the dessert. When someone talks about baking, you immediately think about cookies. If you need to add a delicious scent to a room, you bake cookies. One of the first things you learn how to bake is typically Chocolate Chunk Cookies. They make a delicious host or house warming gift, perfect for someone who needs a cheer-up and are the ultimate childhood treat. The point is, there’s a lot of memories tied to cookies.
Rocky Road Cookies are one of our all time favourites. They’re super decadent, packed full of chocolate with a medley of textures. The dough holds a good structure, but still spreads just enough to make a chewy finished cookie with a beautiful crispy outside. Chocolate is literally the answer for everything, so we don’t know what your waiting for, make these already! If you love chocolate as much as we do, the you’ll love these cookies. They hardly last an hour after baking in the TMG kitchen. No matter how big of a batch we make, they almost always disappear the same day.
Why you need to make these cookies NOW:
- Perfect balance of chewy and cakey.
- Medley of textures.
- The perfect chocolate snack
This recipe makes 18 good-sized cookies, meaning it’s perfect for when you have guests coming over or need some cookies for a potluck. Kept in an air-tight container these cookies can last for 3-5 days on your counter. Not going to eat them all just yet? Freeze them! Cookies freeze so well that you can opt to freezer at the dough step or even after they’ve been baked. We promise that they won’t taste like they’ve been frozen at all.
Check out the full recipe and video below.
Rocky Road Cookies
- 180 mL coconut oil, melted
- 400 g brown sugar
- 10 mL vanilla
- 10 g ground flax
- 60 mL water
- 60 mL non-dairy milk
- 192 g all-purpose flour
- 75 g cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 50 g vegan marshmallows
- 55 g chopped almonds
- 90 g vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl mix the water, non-dairy milk and ground flax. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cacao, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream together the sugar and oil. Add the flax mixture and blend until combined. With the mixer’s speed on low, slowly add the flour mixture until all combined and a dough is formed.
- Using your hands or the mixer, mix in the marshmallows, almonds, and dark chocolate.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop six cookies per lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. If you have more than one baking sheet in your oven at a time, ensure you swap their positions half way through. You also may need to add 1-2 minutes to the bake time.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
How to make Vegan Rocky Road Cookies (video)