This Sesame Chex Mix is packed with pretzels, chex mix, sesame sticks, rice crackers, roasted peas and baked in a delicious sesame glaze. The perfect movie night snack.
Movie nights will never be the same. We love popcorn, it’s one of our favourite snacks. However even popcorn can get a little boring after a while. This Sesame Chex Mix will be your new favourite movie night snack. Quick and easy to make, plus totally addictive – so make sure to make a double, triple or quadruple batch.
Kat here! I watch movies, a lot. Which means I also eat a lot of snacks. Most of the time it’s popcorn or roasted nori, but sometimes I need to shake it up a bit. I’ve made sweet snacks, salty snacks and simply tried fresh veggies. But this mix is seriously addictive. Seriously, it could give popcorn a run for its money. If it makes it to the movie that is. Seriously, both Dev and I finished this snack mix before we even completed our full day of recipes.
Gluten free chex mix cereal, sesame sticks, pretzels, rice crackers, roasted peas, nori and sesame seeds – all mixed together and baked with a simple sesame glaze. This quick and easy mix, that comes together with everyday ingredients packs a flavour punch. With a few simple flavourful additions, the glaze works its magic and coats each piece perfectly. All you have to do is mix all the components in a large bowl, heat the glaze ingredients, pour over, mix and bake! Be sure to make a double, triple or even quadruple batch because you’ll eat this up.
Where you can enjoy this snack mix:
- Movie Night
- Work/School Lunch
- All the Time
Now that you’ve got a snack, time to pick a movie to watch? If you’re like Devin it’s probably comedy, but if your like Katherine it’s probably horror. So are you more of a Devin or a Katherine?
Sesame Chex Mix
- 40 g (1 1/3 cup) chex cereal
- 85 g (2/3 cup) sesame sticks
- 20 g (1/3 cup) pretzels
- 70 g (1 1/2 cups) rice crackers
- 65 g (2/3 cup) roasted peas
- 2 nori sheets, diced
- 10 g (1 tbsp) sesame seeds
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 14 g (1 tbsp) butter
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) water
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 10 mL (2 tsp) sesame oil
- 15 g (1 tbsp) rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- To a large bowl combine chex, sesame sticks, pretzels, rice crackers and roasted peas. Mix to combine.
- In saucepan over medium heat combine maple syrup, butter, water, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Stir until the mixture starts to thicken and then remove from heat.
- Pour the maple mixture over the chex mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and chopped nori sheets over and toss.
- Spread on a lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest 10-15 minutes.