This blog post and recipe for Spiced Pancakes with Persimmons is sponsored by All-Clad Canada
‘Tis the season for cinnamon spiced everything! We teamed up with All-Clad Canada again and this time they gave us their HA1 Hard Anodized Non-stick 3Pc Set (aka 10″ Frypan and 12″ Frypan with Lid) to work with. When looking back at the recipes we’ve done so far we realized, we hadn’t done any breakfast yet! What’s more perfect for two non-stick frying pans than some delicious autumn-inspired pancakes!?
One of Kat’s favourite fall/winter fruits is without a doubt persimmons. Persimmons are a little hard to explain as they aren’t quite like any other fruit. You truly need to try them for yourself to understand what they taste like. There are two types of persimmons commonly found in grocery stores; fuyu and hachiya. Each with a slightly different shape and flavour. Fuyus, which we used in this recipe, are best eaten when still firm. They’re sweet and oh so delicious. However hachiyas should be eaten when soft for the most delicious flavour. Keep in mind that most places only have persimmons available from October through January.
These Spiced Pancakes with Persimmons are perfect for Autumn. A slight twist on our Buttermilk Pancakes gave these pancakes the perfect lift they needed, while still being their own thing. Topped with a spiced sautéed persimmon mix, it will give you ultimate cozy vibes straight through winter.
How to make the best vegan pancakes;
- Vegan buttermilk.
- Low heat, slower cook.
- Non-stick pan.
- The ultimate fruity topping.
- MAPLE SYRUP
Now let’s talk these life-changing pans. The HA1 Hard Anodized Non-stick 3Pc Set features two non-stick frying pans and one lid. As with all the All-Clad Canada products we’ve used so far they are an amazing quality, with super easy-to-grip handles. However, the big selling feature for us is the fact that they’re non-stick and work like a dream. Seriously, without even a drop of oil each pancake lifted from the pan with no hesitation, plus they still browned! Yes you read that right,even without oil and butter these pancakes still got a delicious golden brown and crispy on both sides. We know, these pans are magic.
Looking for more delicious All-Clad Canada recipes? We’ve got a bunch and our list is growing every month. Check out all our recipes here.
Spiced Pancakes with PersimmonsPrint
- 192 g (1.5 cups) all purpose flour
- 8 g (2 tsp) baking powder
- 4 g (1 tsp) baking soda
- pinch salt
- 12 g (1 tbsp) white sugar
- 1 flax egg, 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- 375 mL (1.5 cups) vegan buttermilk, 1 1/2 cups soy milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 4 (400 g) persimmons, diced
- 28 g (2 tbsp) butter
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Make your flax egg and vegan buttermilk (in separate bowls) and set aside to thicken.
- To a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and white sugar. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flax egg, vegan buttermilk, avocado oil and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
- Add wet to dry, and mix until combined. Sprinkle in the spices and whisk until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- In a pan on low-medium heat cook pancakes for about 3-5 minutes on the first side and about 1-2 minutes on the second side. You want a delicious golden brown colour on both sides.
- To your other pan add butter on medium heat and allow to melt. Add in persimmons and remaining ingredients. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Stack pancakes and top with persimmons, maple syrup and optionally dark chocolate.
How to make vegan Spiced Pancakes with Persimmons: