There are two things Canadians like to do: drink caesars and tell people they’re Canadian. We’re proud of both things whether people judge us for it or not. In Canada we take Caesars very seriously. We order it at brunch and force it on our non-Canadian friends. Some of us even shell out good money on artisnal cocktail mixes. However you won’t find any mixes here for our Sweet Chili Heat Ceasar.
We love Ceasars for their delicious flavour and over-the-top garnishes. These concoctions are what inspired today’s recipe challenge. Caesars are all about making delicious food and placing it on top of a delicious tomato-y cocktail.
There is nothing more epic than the best accidentally vegan snack – Sweet Chili Heat Doritos. So obviously Devin had to incorporate them into hers. If that wasn’t epic enough we paired it with our favourite comfort food, cauliflower wings. The pair of Sweet Chili Heat Doritos and buffalo sauce is the perfect treat this Canada Day. This is one of two amazing vegan cocktails made for Canada Day in the ultimate caesar challenge. This epic cocktail went up against the ultimate canadian caesar. Who do you think won?
SWEET CHILI HEAT CAESAR
- 1 batch classic vegan caesar, (link to recipe in instructions)
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 bag sweet chili heat doritos
- 1 bottle frank's red hot buffalo sauce
- 2 slider buns
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 1 batch vegan ranch, (or store bought)
- 1 large jalapeno, , sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl combine your flour, milk, water and spices. Mix.
- Cut your cauliflower into little sliders and set into your batter and coat in batter.
- In a food processor add your doritos and process until they are a find crumb. Add to a shallow bowl.
- Toss each of your batter-coated cauliflower sliders into your dorito crumb until coated. Place on a lined baking sheet and repeat until they are all done.
- Bake cauliflower for about 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through. After the first bake toss your sliders in franks red hot buffalo sauce and bake again for another 10-20 minutes.
- Make a batch of our classic caesar cocktail.
- Toast your slider buns until golden while your sliders finish baking. On toasted bun add some lettuce, your sliders, and a dollop of vegan ranch.
- Dip the rim of your glass in vegan ranch dressing, then coat it is the remaining dorito crumb. Add a handful of ice to your glass along with 1 tsp of the buffalo sauce. Pour in your class vegan caesar.
- Add your slider to a skewer with a pickle garnish on top (of course) and add to your drink. Along with a skewer of the remaining cauliflower wings with alternating jalapeno slices. Add to you cocktail. Finally add you celery stalk.
How to make Sweet Chili Heat Caesar