Anyone else obsessed with pineapple? Or like baked or barbecued pineapple? We definitely are. Since it’s the winter we couldn’t exactly barbecue, so we did the next best thing and baked it!
Paired with delicious firm tofu and smothered in a spicy peanut sauce these skewers are out of this world.
Plus once again, they are super easy to make, require minimal dishes and are omnivore approved!
Pineapple Tofu Skewers
- 2 cups pineapple, cubed
- 2 cups firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- sriracha, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cube pineapple and firm tofu. Add both to a large bowl.
- To a small bowl whisk together sesame oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, chili flakes. Add 1 tsp of rice vinegar and whisk.
- Pour sauce on pineapple and tofu and toss to coat.
- Skewer desired amount of tofu and pineapple on pre-soaked wood skewers.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Pour leftover sauce once done over the skewers and drizzle with sriracha.