This Vegan Almond Peach Cake is moist, flavourful, and super comforting. Made with a combination of almond flour and all-purpose flour, and topped with fresh juicy Ontario peaches – this vegan desserts is the perfect way to use up some peaches.
Craving something sweet, but not too sweet? This Vegan Almond Peach Cake is the answer. This summer treat is made with a blend of almond flour and all-purpose flour creates the perfect texture. Sweetened with (homemade!!) maple syrup and peaches this cake just the right level of sweetness.
Peach season is one of our favourites. The peaches you can get in Ontario are absolutely incredible – juicy, flavourful, and delicious! We love making desserts with them whenever we get a chance. This cake is great paired with coffee or tea for an after dinner treat or for yummy midday snack.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Just 16 simple ingredients!
- Highlights local Ontario peaches.
- Perfect for snacking or a dessert!
Top tips for making Vegan Almond Peach Cake:
- Use a plain vegan yogurt. We use a non-dairy yogurt in this recipe to add moisture and replace eggs. When picking a yogurt we recommend going with something fairly neutral in flavour. We love using the Maison Riviera Coconut Milk Vegan Delight.
- Weigh the ingredients. Baking is a science, especially for recipes that rely on specific textures. To ensure the perfectly moist use a scale to weigh out all the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Don’t overmix the dough. This goes for a lot of baking recipes, but if you overmix cake batters you run the risk of a tough and chewy finished product.
- Tahini – Look for a creamy and smooth tahini that has a natural peanut butter consistency.
- Vegan Yogurt – We use a non-dairy yogurt in this recipe to add moisture and replace eggs. When picking a yogurt we recommend going with something fairly neutral in flavour. We love using the Maison Riviera Coconut Milk Vegan Delight.
- Non-Dairy Milk – We use soy milk in most of our recipes but any non-dairy milk that is higher in fat content will work here.
- Maple Syrup – We used homemade maple syrup in this recipe. Storebought or homemade we recommend using a dark maple syrup for the best flavour.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – We use this to make a vegan buttermilk but any acid will do. If you don’t have apple cider vinegar available you can use lemon juice!
- All-Purpose Flour – We use No Name Unbleached All-Purpose Flour most of the time or another store-brand if it’s not available. We don’t recommend substituting this for a different flour without testing it first.
- Almond Flour – You can use store-bought almond flour or make your own by blending almonds into a fine powder. We have made this recipe with both methods and they worked great!
- Peaches – The most important part of this recipe is the fresh peaches on top. If available we recommend using fresh local peaches for the best flavour.
Can you substitute vegan yogurt?
If you don’t have access to vegan yogurt you can use flax eggs instead by mixing 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of lukewarm water. Don’t forget to let it thicken before adding it to the batter. You could also use a vegan sour cream. We like the Tofutti brand!
Other vegan dessert recipes you’ll love:
- Butternut Squash Bundt Cake
- Mixed Berry Crumble Bars
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Mini Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Filling
How to make Vegan Peach Almond Cake:
Vegan Peach Almond Cake
- 60 g (¼ cup) tahini
- 117 g (½ cup) vegan yogurt
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup maple syrup, + more for glazing
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 240 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 80 g (¾ cup) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 peaches, sliced into wedges
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ round cake pan with a bit of oil and/or line it with parchment paper.
- Whisk tahini and yogurt in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly whisk in the non-dairy milk and maple syrup, then the apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Set aside.
- Combine all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices in another bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined – be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan, spreading it evenly across. Top with sliced peaches, placing them as close together as you can. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. You can also test doneness by gently pressing your finger on the cake, if it springs bake it's finished!
- Allow the cake to cool about 10 minutes, then glaze the top with maple syrup. Let the cake cool completely before removing from the pan and serving.