It’s the holidays and that means alcohol is a must! I mean if you are going to survive if with your whole family it is definitely a must, or if you are all alone then it’s probably a must too. Regardless, it’s always a must. That isn’t to say we don’t love our family, we absolutely do, but complete spending days with them can get a little stressful.
Obviously not just any old alcohol will do, after all it is the holidays. The holidays is when we pull out all the stops to be fancy. This year we decided to make a vegan bailey’s recipe and it’s ridiculously good. Seriously.
Forget about the store bought this year because vegan Bailey’s is easy to make and just as delicious. Plus this would make the most amazing hostess gift, because chances are you will be going to a lot of holiday parties and you’d better be prepared. Not to mention will you be the best guest, as everyone else brings wine they didn’t put much thought into and you bring homemade Bailey’s.
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup canadian whiskey
- Brew a 1/2 cup of strong coffee and add 1 tsp of cacao powder to it. Stir until it is all dissolved.
- Add coffee mix, agave and maple syrup to a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add one full can of coconut milk to the bowl. Whisk the mixture until smooth and creamy. If your coconut milk has separated make sure to whisk it until it is creamy.
- Add vanilla, almond and whisky to the mixture and whisk again.
- Pour and serve. Pro tip: We frothed some vanilla almond milk and added it atop of our baileys. We sprinkled that with some cinnamon.
Make sure to check out our other posts from our How To Vegan The Holidays series below!