Take crispy waffles fries top them with shredded buffalo jackfruit, ranch dressing and green onions to make Vegan Buffalo Ranch Waffle Fries – the most epic game day snack ever.
We’re not much for sports. Kat has grown up watching hockey and is an avid fan of tennis, but other than that we wouldn’t call ourselves die-hard sports fanatics. We are die-hard fanatics of the food. Ask us what Superbowl number is next or who’s on the Blue Jays and we’ll have no clue. Ask us to come over for some delicious game day snacks and we’ll be right there.
Vegan Buffalo Ranch Waffle Fries are a bowl of heaven. Dev took her love of Buffalo Ranch and built the ultimate game day snack. Not into sports? Don’t worry they also work for party appetizer, movie marathon, Netflix binge or girls night in. With only a handful of ingredients these fries are super easy to make and will soon be come a regular in your household.
Using frozen waffles fries for ultimate crisp, they’re then topped with crispy buffalo jackfruit and a cheesy vegan ranch drizzle. With every bite you get the perfect combination of sweet, spicy and texture. Just be warned that if you opt to use regular fries or fresh potatoes, you won’t be able to get the same crisp as the waffle fries. Don’t fret, they’ll still be delicious.
Check out the full recipe and video tutorial below for these Vegan Buffalo Ranch Waffle Fries.
Buffalo Ranch Waffle FriesPrint
- 500 g frozen waffle fries
- 1 can green jackfruit
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) onion powder
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp (14 g) butter
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) vegan mayo
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) non-dairy milk
- 1 cup (125 g) Daiya Jalapeno Havarti Cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp (4 g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (4 g) onion powder
- 1 tbsp (12 g) fresh dill
- 2 stalks (30 g) green onion, diced
- Bake the waffle fries according to the instructions on the package. Alternatively you could air fry them like we did at 400F for about 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Open and drain the jackfruit. Using your hands or a fork shred the jackfruit until it resembles pulled pork.
- Place a medium pan on medium heat and melt the butter. Once melted add in the jackfruit and fry for about 5-7 minutes. Add in the seasonings, buffalo sauce and bbq sauce. Cook until the sauce has evenly coated the jackfruit and slightly thickened. Turn off heat and set aside.
- To a small saucepan add mayo, milk and cheese. Stir consistently on medium heat until smooth. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder and dill. Stir until you get a smooth cheese-sauce consistency.
- Plate the waffle fries, top with buffalo jackfruit, drizzle with cheesy ranch and sprinkle with green onions.