This quick and easy vegan lunch idea is simple to make and fully freeze-able! These Vegan Cheesy Chicken Wraps are packed with plant based cheese, vegan chicken, veggies, and olives.
As we approach back to school season we wanted to make something that would be perfect whether you’re looking for school lunches or quick and easy work from home meal prep. These easy wraps come together in about 30 minutes and reheat in minutes!
This is just about the only meal prep I can get behind – pre-made wraps that you reheat and enjoy! These freeze-able Vegan Cheesy Chicken Wraps are a go-to when we have a busy week ahead!
Top tips for making Vegan Cheesy Chicken Wraps:
- Use the same pan. To get all the flavour and save yourself some dishes to wash, use the same pan for all your ingredients.
- Use a plant-based chicken substitute. For the best flavour and texture use your favourite vegan chicken substitute instead of tofu or tempeh.
- Don’t overstuff the tortilla. Were not trying to make a big wrap. Fill it just enough to be a filling but light lunch.
- Toast on a pan for extra crunch. When going to eat, whether its right after to make them or after freezing, we love to pan fry these wraps to give them a little extra crunch to it.
Vegan Cheesy Chicken Wrap Recipe FAQ:
How long can these be stored in the freezer?
These can be stored in your freezer for 3-6 months. We recommend wrapping them tightly in tin foil and storing them in a sealed container like a bag. This will help prevent freezer burn and allow you to store them longer.
How do you reheat them?
There are a few different ways you can reheat these wraps from frozen:
- Thaw completely then pan fry until golden and crispy. You can also bake them until heated all the way through.
- You can microwave from frozen (be sure to unwrap them first!) for a few minutes on both sides. Once thawed enjoy or pan fry until golden for an extra crunch.
- Bake from frozen for 30-40 minutes until heated throughout.
Are there any ingredient substitutions?
We recommend keeping the ingredients as is. However if needed you can sub out vegan chicken for tofu pieces. You can also sub out the veggies for any other veggie you love. Broccoli would be a delicious addition!
How to make Vegan Cheesy Chicken Wraps:
Vegan Cheesy Chicken Wraps
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, divided
- 400 g vegan chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 120 g (1 medium) red bell pepper, finely diced
- 120 g (1 medium) green bell pepper, finely diced
- 70 g (½ medium) red onion, finely diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 50 g (⅓ cup) roughly chopped kalamata olives
- 200 g vegan mozzarella shreds
- 8 tortilla wraps
- In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat add 1 tbsp of vegan butter. Once melted add in vegan chicken pieces, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken starts to brown on all sides, stirring occasionally. Right before the chicken is fully cooked, add lemon juice and stir. Place cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- To the same non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add another 1-2 tbsp vegan butter. Once melted add in chopped red onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until they start to soften. Add in chopped bell peppers, salt, and pepper – cook until softened. Add the cooked onions and peppers to the bowl with the chicken.
- Add in chopped olives and vegan cheese to the bowl with the vegan chicken and cooked peppers. Mix until combined.
- Divide the filling into 6-8 wraps and roll as you would a burrito. You can serve as is or cook on the non-stick pan until golden on both sides.
- If using this for a meal prep, wrap each chicken wrap in tin foil and store in the freezer. When ready to eat, preheat oven to 400F and cook for 30-40 minutes or until heated all the way through. Alternatively you can reheat in the microwave (make sure to unwrap it first!) for 7 minutes on each side, then pan fry for a couple minutes until crispy.
Pin it for later: