Caesar Salad is without a doubt on our our favourite foods. Something about it just makes us feel comfortable. Maybe it’s because it’s classic – we had it all the time as kids. Or maybe it’s because we think we’re being healthy. That’s probably it. Whatever it is we LOVE Caesar Salad. When combined with chick’n and a wrap – a Vegan Chicken Caesar Wrap is one of our favourite lunches.
Obviously we’re not using actual chicken. We thought of many different ways to handle the chicken aspect of this recipe, but opted for an easier method as we’re typically looking for something quick and easy to make for lunch. That’s why we went with a crispy tofu to replace the chicken. We understand that not everyone is a fan of tofu, that’s why we recommend you choose to make this wrap with whatever protein you choose. May we suggest chickpeas, the Mary’s Test Kitchen method of tofu chicken or Gardein Crispy Tenders.
We’re using our classic caesar dressing from our Kale Caesar Salad recipe. With a few updated techniques and ingredients this dressing is super creamy and the perfect topping on crisp lettuce, crunchy croutons and crispy breaded tofu.
Vegan Chicken Caesar WrapPrint
- 1 block tofu, pressed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- pinch salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp Better than Bouillon broth paste
- 1 cup croutons, processed into a breadcrumb
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup vegan bacon, diced
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 batch vegan caesar dressing
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl combine flour, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir until incorporated. In another bowl combine non-dairy milk with Better than Bouillon broth paste, using a fork whisk until combined.
- Add croutons for the breadcrumb to a food processor and mix until a fine crumb. You can opt to go with pre-made bread crumbs instead of starting with croutons.
- Press tofu and cut into small bite-sized pieces.
- Coat tofu in flour, then milk, then breadcrumbs and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat until all tofu pieces are coated. Bake in pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway. You could also opt to use an air-fryer.
- Prep your vegan bacon of choice. We're actually using Yves Veggie Ham. We found when crisped on a pan it actually has a very bacon-like taste.
- Make a batch of our caesar salad dressing.
- To a large bowl add shredded lettuce, vegan bacon, croutons and the crispy tofu. Toss with the dressing until evenly coated. Enjoy as is or serve wrapped with a tortilla.
How to make a Vegan Chicken Caesar Wrap