The best vegan soup recipe ever! Healthy, homemade and hearty – this one pot Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup is full of vegetables and fall flavours.
Starting the new year the only way we know how, with a hearty vegan soup! This recipe is based on a previous video we made where we feature five recipes great for work or school lunches, but we felt as though it deserved it’s own video and blog post. This healthy, homemade Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup is our current obsession.
Perfect for a cozy dinner at home or served up for a work-from-home lunch, this one pot vegan recipe is just what 2021 needs. Simplicity with an emphasis on whole foods – this soup is loaded with vegetables without sacrificing flavour. What makes our recipe special? We love chicken noodle soup but can often find it to be a tad bland. Our version is PACKED with flavourful vegetables and seasonal herbs and spices so every slurp is a party of flavour.
Top tips for making our One Pot Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Prep everything before starting to cook. Cooking a soup can move quickly, so have everything prepped before you start so that you can add the ingredients as they are needed.
- Don’t skimp on the seasoning. Chicken noodle soup can be bland at times – not this one! Packed with seasoning and flavour for a reason, so you have a medley of flavours in every spoonful.
- Choose your favourite pasta shape. There may be a traditional shape for pasta in Chicken Noodle Soup, but we say use whatever noodle makes you happy! We have used fusilli and macaroni at times.
How to meal prep Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup:
This is a great recipe to meal prep because soup only gets more flavourful the longer it sits. But we do recommend some slight tweaks to the recipe to optimal deliciousness. For a delicious bite each and every time, skip the noodles when you first cook this soup. Then whenever you are ready to enjoy a bowl, reheat the soup in a saucepot and add noodles, heat until noodles are cooked through.
Alternatively if you don’t have access to a stove when you want to enjoy your soup, you can cook your noodles separately, then when ready to eat combine the soup and the cooked noodles and heat until desired.
Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup FAQ:
What if I can’t find vegan faux chicken?
That’s okay! We really enjoy this recipe with the Tofurkey Lightly Seasoned “Chicken”, but if you can’t find it you can substitute with another plant protein. Try tofu, tempeh or another vegan meat product.
Does this soup travel well?
Yes! However we would recommend cooking your noodles separately so they don’t get soggy over time. Once your ready to enjoy your soup, combine the broth with the cooked noodles.
Can I freeze Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup?
This soup freezes well with the exception of noodles. Like when you are meal prepping, just make the broth and freeze it. Then when you’re ready to enjoy heat your soup and add some pre-cooked noodles.
How to make Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup:
Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
- 27 g (2 tbsp) coconut oil
- 90 g (1 medium) carrot, sliced
- 90 g (1) celery stalk, sliced
- 46 g (2 medium) shallots, diced
- 30 g (3 cloves) garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp old bay
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 960 mL (4 cups) water (or vegan chicken stock)
- 1 tbsp bouillion paste, remove this if using vegan chicken stock
- 126 g (1 cup) uncooked fusilli (or any other pasta of choice)
- 170 g vegan chicken (or tofu)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- To a medium pot (like a cast iron dutch oven) over medium-high heat add oil. Once melted, add in carrots, celery, shallots and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in turmeric, Italian seasoning, old bay, smoked paprika and ground sage. Stir to coat and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon paste and bay leaf stir until the bouillon paste has dissolved. Place lid on and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add vegan chicken and uncooked pasta and cook until al-dente. Remove bay leaf and stir in fresh parsley and dill.