Simple, elegant and absolutely delicious. This Vegan Chocolate Tart with Hazelnut Cream is all you need this Valentine’s Day. Valentine’s Day is about showing the one’s you love just how much you love them. Whether that’s a significant other, a family member, a pet (please don’t feed your pets chocolate), or yourself. Your loved ones deserve something delicious this Valentine’s Day.
We teamed up with two amazing vegan YouTubers, Sweet Simple Vegan & Krista NC Barril, to create a full vegan Valentine’s Day menu. No need to spend hours on Pinterest looking for the perfect vegan Valentine’s Dinner, because this menu has you covered from appetizer to dessert. Not to mention a delicious cocktail!
Starting with Sparkling Punch, Strawberry Walnut Salad and Vegan Calamari (yes this is just the appetizer). From there you can enjoy Sweet Simple Vegan’s Pesto Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes. Finish the night off with our delicious Chocolate Tart. Talk about a great Valentine’s Day.
With just a handful of simple ingredients and a little bit of time this Vegan Chocolate Tart can be yours. With the creaminess from the coconut milk to the crunch of the tart shell, it’s a melody of flavours and textures you won’t be able to get enough of. Topped with a smooth hazelnut cream, fresh berries, chocolate chunks and toast hazelnuts – the depth of flavour is truly remarkable.
Chocolate Tart with Hazelnut CreamPrint
- 1 can coconut cream
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 can coconut cream, separated*
- 1/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 strawberries, halved
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackburries, halved
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom and set aside.
- To a large bowl add oat flour, oats, maple syrup, baking powder, salt, and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Pour half of oat mixture into tart pan and press into all the sides until you get a nice and sturdy crust. Pour the rest of the mixture and press into the bottom. Really pack it down. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- While the shell bakes, prepare the filling. On medium heat, whisk coconut cream and coconut oil until just hot to the touch. You don't want to boil it. Pour over chocolate chunks and whisk until fully melted. Add vanilla extract and stir in. Set aside.
- Once tart is fully baked and has cooled for about 5 minutes, pour filling over baked tart until full and set in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- To make hazelnut cream, combine the coconut cream (you only want the solid stuff on top - discard any liquid from the can), hazelnut butter and maple syrup in a stand mixer. Whisk until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- When your tart has set, remove from the fridge to decorate. Using a piping bag pipe dollops of the hazelnut cream however you'd like. Top with your choice of berries, chocolate chunks, and roasted hazelnuts. You can see the video below for how we decorated ours.
- To store keep in the fridge.
How to make a Vegan Chocolate Tart with Hazelnut Cream