When we found out that Oreo cookies were vegan, honestly we couldn’t believe it. Once we double checked our source we were in complete shock, but the best kind of shock. We both love Oreo cookies, they are the perfect guilty pleasure. They are the perfect weekend movie night treat, plus you can bake with them, so not only can you enjoy them as-is but you can make so many amazing desserts with them. Enter Vegan Oreo Sliders.
The balance of fresh fruit, indulgent Oreo patty and flaky pastry this makes the perfect end to your meal. Every bite seriously is like heaven. Puff pastry is seriously one of our favourite things to use in a dessert because the buttery flakiness of it satisfies all those cravings. We buy pre-made pastry, however you can always make your own. If you do choose to to purchase pre-made, be sure that the brand you are buying is vegan of course!
The Oreo patty is not only delicious, but it is also no bake! That’s right with a simple trip to the freezer you can have some of the most delicious vegan dessert patties. Seriously once these patties are put together there is no way you will be able to eat just one. You don’t know how much you need these in your life until you make them.
If you try this recipe be sure to let us know in the comments below. This recipe was part of a challenge between Kat and Dev. Be sure to check out Kat’s Oreo Donuts to get even more Oreo goodness. Plus check out the YouTube video to be able to vote for who you think is the winner.
Vegan Oreo Sliders
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 12 double stuffed Oreos
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup vegan whipped cream
- 4 tsp non-dairy milk
- 4 tsp agave nectar
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- Add your Oreos to a food processor and process until you get a fine crumb. Add your crumbs to a large bowl and add your melted butter and mix until all incorporated.
- Using a muffin tin you are going to want to line the tin with small strips of parchment paper to make removal of the Oreo patties easier.
- Scoop about 2-3 tbsp of the Oreo mixture into each muffin mould and press down to form a disk.
- Add about 2 tbsp of your vegan whipped cream to each mould. You can add more or less if you want. You want a thin layer across the entire patty. Place your muffin tin int he freezer for at least 2 hours.
- You want to roll your puff pastry into two equal rectangles about 1/4" thick. You can also do what we did and buy the pre-rolled puff pastry. This typically comes in two even sheets.
- Create a vegan egg wash by combining non-dairy milk and your agave nectar.
- Brush one of your puff pastry sheets generously with half the "egg" wash and place the other sheet directly on top. Brush the top of that sheet with the remaining "egg" wash. Slice into squares about the size of your sliders patties.
- Transfer your puff pastry buns to a lined baking sheet into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F and bake your puff pastry buns for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked you will be able to split the puff pastry like a burger bun.
- Add an Oreo patty to the bun and top with some sliced strawberries and serve!
Watch the video