Soft, chewy and that signature fork pattern make these Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies classic, nostalgic and most importantly delicious!
There’s a lot going on in the world right now. Lots of people all around the world are finding their anxiety at peak levels whether it be due to their career, health or those close to them. We wish we could help with that, but there’s so much up in the air right now and we each have to do our part. We’re doing our part with a lot of social distancing and bringing you recipes that will bring a smile your face and leave you with a happy stomach. What better way to do that than with cookies!?
As you find yourself spending more time a home over the next few week it’s important to keep yourself busy so that you don’t spend hours worrying. When Kat has more time on her hands you can almost always find her baking up a storm in the kitchen and these Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies are her new favourites.
Why you’ll love these Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Pillow-y soft: Their ain’t no crunchy cookies here, these cookies are super soft and pillow-y with every bite.
- Chewy, not cake-y: We’re not big fans of cake-y cookies, especially when it comes to peanut butter cookies. These cookies are perfectly chewy!
- Easy to make: Cookies are generally easy to make, but these involve simple pantry staple ingredients and only require a small amount of your time.
- All the nostalgia: There are A LOT of peanut butter cookie recipes out there and most of them are probably DELICIOUS! These are delicious too, but even better they remind us of home. Every bite transports you back in your family kitchen growing up and enjoying a freshly baked cookie from your grandparents or parents.
How do you get the signature look?
This is the easy part! All you need to get the that signature look is a fork. Using the back of a kitchen fork press into the top of your cookie balls in a cross pattern and bake. With the right ingredient ratio, the cookies will spread but keep that signature look.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 180 g (1.5 cups) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 113 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 105 g (1/2 cup) white sugar
- 110 g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 185 g (3/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 1 flax egg, (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flax egg and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in peanut butter and mix on low until just blended. Keeping the mixer on low blend in flax egg and vanilla.
- With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out and shape into balls and place on lined baking sheet 2-inches apart.
- Using the back of a fork flatten cookies slightly then turn fork going opposite direction and flatten just slightly again (it should create that criss-cross pattern).
- Bake cookies for about 9 minutes, the cookies will look slightly under-baked but they will continue to bake as they cool on the baking sheet.
- Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies and an airtight container.