S’mores Brownies; graham cracker crust topped with a fudgy vegan brownie and fluffy marshmallow toasted to perfection.
It’s that time of year again – time for our yearly vegan s’mores recipe. Previous years we’ve made S’mores Bars, S’mores Nachos and S’mores Cookies, but this year dare we say it may be the best yet. After many failed attempts at a s’mores pie we made a pivot to everyone’s favourite chocolate dessert: brownies!
These brownies are super decadent and surprisingly easy to make! It starts with a graham cracker crumb crust. When looking for graham crackers be sure that they’re vegan, many of them contain honey. If you live in Canada, Bulk Barn’s graham cracker crumbs are accidentally vegan! Then it’s topped with a super fudgy vegan brownie. Like think about a fudgy brownie than double that expectation. Finally top with an aquafaba marshmallow fluff and take a kitchen torch to it. If you don’t have a kitchen torch you could always use the broil setting on your oven. Who ever said vegan desserts can’t be decadent has never tasted this brownie.
Why you need to make these Vegan S’mores Brownies right NOW:
- The most DECADENT dessert ever.
- The perfect summer treat.
- Campfire classic without the campfire.
- Ooey-gooey and utterly delicious.
- Everyone will be impressed with it.
These brownies make a great dessert, but equally as good movie night treat. They’re super decadent so a small piece will do, making these perfect for a gathering. So next time your having people over spend a little time (not much, we promise) and pair this treat with some fresh fruit for the ultimate summer dessert.
Check out the full recipe and video below.
Vegan S'mores Brownies
Graham Cracker Crust
- 130 g graham cracker crumbs
- 45 mL butter, melted
- 1.5 tbsp white sugar
- 60 grams butter
- 85 grams chocolate chips
- 68 mL aquafaba
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams white sugar
- 60 grams all-purpose flour
- 20 grams cacao powder
- pinch salt
- 60 mL aquafaba
- 15 mL maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- To make graham cracker crust, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until the butter is evenly distributed.
- Add mixture to a lined and greased load pan. Using a spoon, pack down the crust as firmly as you can. Set aside.
- To make brownies, melt chocolate chips and butter over a double boiler. Once melted set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cacao and salt. Set aside.
- To a stand mixer add aquafaba and both sugars. Starting on low beat the aquafaba, once it starts to get foamy increase slowly to high speed and beat. Beat until everything i creamed together and it's fluffy. It should be about 4x the volume as when it started. Bring the speed to low-medium and slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate. Once incorporated slowly add in the dry mixture until just incorporated.
- Pour mixture over the graham cracker crust and spread into a even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 35 - 37 minutes. You want it a little under-baked so it will be nice and gooey when its out of the oven.
- Once baked set aside to cool.
- To make marshmallow fluff, add all ingredients to a stand mixer and beat on low for 3 minutes, then move to medium for about a minute and slowly over the course of a minute increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy and stiff peaks.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread the marshmallow fluff over top. Using a torch, toast the top of the marshmallow fluff until golden. If you don't have a torch, you can also do this in the oven on broil on high until just golden - watch very carefully!
- Top with your choice of toppings, slice and serve.