Our How to Vegan the Holidays series continues and it’s a good one. Imagine your are sitting around a holiday dinner table, what do you see? Of course you would see your family, some roasted vegetables, maybe some mashed potatoes, a holiday roast of some kind, and obviously stuffing. No one would imagine a holiday table without it.
Christmas is a wonderful holiday filled with love, friendship, beautiful lights, and delicious food. Without one of those things the holidays just wouldn’t be the same. That’s why we created this series to ensure that the food you know and love doesn’t disappear just because you are vegan.
The holidays wouldn’t be the holidays without a delicious stuffing. It happened to Kat one year and it was just awful. It was just like any other meal, but not Christmas. We are here because we don’t want anyone to go stuffing-less ever again.
Pretty much any stuffing recipe can be easily made vegan, but this one is the best. We promise. Make it and you’ll see.
CLASSIC VEGAN STUFFING
- 1 small baguette
- 1 red apple
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp ground sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Dice your baguette, celery, and apple into about 1/2" cubes. Add all to a bowl and toss to incorporate.
- Add you vegetable stock, white wine, sage, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to ensure everything is evenly coated.
- Add your stuffing mix to a small parchment lined dish and cover with tin foil. Bake for about 40 minutes, mixing halfway through.
- Remove and mix. Serve and enjoy.