Enjoy a glass of refreshing homemade Watermelon Juice with Mint! This DIY summer juice recipe is perfect as is or for a base of delicious fresh summer cocktails.
Looking for the perfect refreshing summer drink? Make this super simple and delicious vegan drink with just 5 ingredients! Plus all you need is a blender and a fine mesh sieve for the perfect, smooth Watermelon Juice with Mint. The result is a fresh and vibrant summer drink that’s perfect for a hot day.
Top tips for making homemade Watermelon Juice:
- Juice a sweet, juicy watermelon. For the best tasting juice you want to choose the best watermelon you can find. For our top tips on choosing the best watermelon, scroll the blog post below.
- Blend until smooth. For the best tasting experience, blend all the juice ingredients until super smooth – including any leafy greens like mint. Blend until the watermelon is liquid and the mint is fully blended into the juice.
- Use a fine mesh sieve for the pulp. To separate the pulp from the juice, use a fine mesh sieve to pour through.
- Store in the fridge to chill. Chill the watermelon juice until you are ready to serve for the best experience. This also gives the mint time to develop flavour within the juice.
Watermelon Juice with Mint FAQ:
How do you choose the best watermelon?
We look for a couple key features when choosing a watermelon. Firstly the weight – watermelon should be fairly heavy in weight for its size. The heavier it is the more juice it has. Secondly, we look for a large yellow spot. Watermelons develop a field spot on the bottom when growing. When it’s a creamy yellow you know its ripe!
Can you make juice without a juicer?
Yes! Our favourite way to make juice at home without a juicer is to use a blender. Simply add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Then using a fine mesh sieve pour the juice through to remove the pulp for a smooth drink.
Can you use juice pulp?
Yes! If you would like to keep the pulp you can store it in the freezer for use in smoothies.
Watermelon Mint Juice
- 700 g (¼) watermelon
- 30 g (about 2) lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 5-10 g fresh mint
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on medium-high until smooth.
- Using a sieve strain out the pulp from the juice.
- Serve with ice!