Whole Roasted Cauliflower has been a thing going around for the last couple of years. Many bloggers and YouTubers making these amazing show stopper cauliflowers that catch eyes. We wanted to make something like that. Something that would look as good as the table it is placed on.
This cauliflower looks and smells so good that and non-vegan will be asking you for a piece, then another, and another, and another. I think you get it. We sought out to make a showstopper and I think we accomplished it.
For our first whole roasted cauliflower we wanted to stick a little more traditional in the flavours, especially since this will be fed to non-vegans as well. Keeping the traditional and familiar flavours of holiday dinners will keep them more open minded and more likely to enjoy it. Plus this goes perfectly with the two sides we gave you last week.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 3-4 small carrots
- 2-3 small red potatoes
- 3 stalks celery
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary + 1 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tbsp sage
- 2 tbsp maple syrup divided
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard divided
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and dry your potatoes then dice into your desired sized cubes and set aside.
- Wash and peel your carrots and cop into about 1/2 inch rounds and set aside.
- Wash your celery and chop into the same sizes as your carrots and set aside.
- Wedge half a lemon into quarters, then cut those quarters in half, so you have eight total pieces.
- Add all those vegetables to the bottom of a cast-iron or oven safe dish, be sure to leave some room int he middle for your cauliflower. Toss in some small sprigs of thyme and 1 tbsp rosemary to your vegetables.
- Prep your first glaze by adding your melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, minced thyme, minced rosemary, sage, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tbsp dijon mustard and vegetable stock. Whisk that all together and set aside.
- In a small bowl add 1 tbsp of maple syrup and 1 tbsp of dijon mustard and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- To prep your cauliflower, remove any leaves, and large pieces of the stem so that it can sit flat. Be sure not to remove too much so that it falls apart, but just enough so that we can see a little bit into the cauliflower in order to pour some glaze in there.
- Turn your cauliflower upside down and pour about 1/4 cup of the pre-made glaze into it. Turn your cauliflower back over and place in the center of your pan. Pour your first glaze over your cauliflower, but be sure to save about 1/2 cup in order to glaze half way through baking. Be sure to add a little bit of glaze over your vegetables as well!
- Pour your mustard and maple syrup mixture over your cauliflower and using your hands rub it into the cauliflower all over the top.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes, remove and pour remaining glaze over, then bake again for another 30-40 minutes.
How to make Whole Roasted Cauliflower