Ooey-gooey Vegan S’mores Cookies filled with dark chocolate, vegan marshmallows in a graham cracker cookie.
It’s summer and summer means s’mores. If a campfire with marshmallows roasting on a stick doesn’t remind you of summer, I don’t know what would. We used to have a fire pit in our backyard that we’d love to roast marshmallows on. My siblings and I would even roast mini marshmallows on household candles with a toothpick in our living room because we loved the summer tradition so much.
However as a vegan this can be a difficult thing to come by now. These fun summer memories are crushed by the idea that many chocolate bars contain milk, marshmallows contain gelatin, and graham crackers contain honey. Talk about a triple wammy. Good thing there are so many amazing vegan options out there now.
Now you can enjoy everything delicious about s’mores without any harm to animals. Now there’s the added challenge of living in a city. As cities start to expand, more and more people find themselves living in apartments or condos downtown. Unfortunately that means no fire pits. You could go the route of younger Katherine and use some household candles, but we really wouldn’t recommend it. It would take too long, and honestly people just look at your weird.
That’s where our S’mores Cookies come in. S’mores Cookies are the perfectly way to enjoy the delicious campfire treat, without any use of open flames. A graham crack cookie with chocolate and marshmallow chunks make these the perfect summer dessert. Not a cookie person? Check out last year’s twist on the classic s’mores: S’mores Bars and S’mores Nachos.
Cut down on your paper waste by skilling the parchement! Instead use one of our favourite products; silpat! They last a long time and are completely non-stick.
How to make Vegan S’mores Cookies:
Vegan S'mores Cookies
- 1 box of Vegan Graham Crackers
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, add one box of Vegan Graham Crackers and process into a fine dust, almost like a flour consistency.
- To make the flax egg, add 1 tbsp ground flax seeds and 3 tbsp of water to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set that aside to thicken for about 10 minutes.
- In a mixer, add 6 tbsp of vegan butter and 1/3 cup of white sugar and mix until it's fluffy and creamy.
- Once that's mixed together, add your flax egg and a 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Mix those in until they're all incorporated.
- Next, add in your graham cracker crumbs. It should equal about 1 and 1/2 cups of crumbs. Along with that, add in 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp of baking soda and mix until it forms a nice, soft dough.
- Using a spatula or spoon, fold in 1/3 cup of chopped dark chocolate and 1/3 cup of mini vegan marshmallows until they're all incorporated. Optionally, you can chop up your marshmallows a bit so there are some smaller pieces in the dough. It can help the cookies hold together better.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, depending on your oven. After the 9 minute mark, keep an eye on them until they're golden brown.