Soft pillow-y sugar cookies that melt in your mouth with every bite.
Food shouldn’t be a scary thing. It should bring joy to your life. We like to tell people to eat what makes you happy – whether it’s healthy or not. Eat what makes you happy and what your body needs and you’ll be okay. Why are we saying this? Well today’s recipe makes us so happy. We’ve never been people to say no to delicious food just because it’s considered unhealthy. Life’s about balance and enjoyment – so what kind of food makes us happy? Sprinkles, duh!
Sprinkles aren’t exactly food, but how many of you don’t smile when you see a donut covered in sprinkles? Those that don’t, are monsters. We’re not monsters, we understand that the sight of sprinkles can instantly put you in a better mood. That sprinkles remind everyone of when they were a kid. That’s why we love the Soft Sugar Cookies so much. It’s the ultimate comfort dessert and just makes you feel like a kid again.
When you think sugar cookies you’re probably thinking of shaped cookies with beautifully designed icing. We thought of doing that, but ultimately it’s just not us. Instead we opted for simplicity and deliciousness. That’s where these cookies land; simple yet delicious. These are the cookies are for the people that are too lazy to cut out shapes and decorate but still want cookies that look cute. Sprinkles are the answer.
Why these Soft Sugar Cookies are the best:
- Soft and pillow-y.
- Easy to make.
- Will put a smile on your face.
- Perfect for special occasions.
- Look fancy af.
We wish we could have an endless supply of these, especially for rough days. I mean we dare you to try and not smile while eating one these cookies. Seriously we dare you, then please take a picture and send us those pictures. We’d love to see your grumpiest face while eating these cookies. Please. Check out the full recipe and video below.
SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 flax egg, (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/8 cup vegan sprinkles, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare your flax egg and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- To a stand mixer add your coconut oil and brown sugar and cream together. Add your vanilla and non-dairy milk and beat until just incorporated.
- Add your flax egg to your wet mixture and beat.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add your dry mixture to your wet mixture while beating. Once all your flour is in there, beat until just combined.
- Add in your sprinkles and fold them in by hand or using a spatula.
- Roll your dough into balls and place them on a lined baking sheet about two inches apart. Using a flat surface squish down your dough balls into a disk about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the bottom is nice and golden brown.