Cinnamon, spice and everything nice. This Apple Fritter Loaf is comforting and perfect for chilly fall weather.
Do you love apple fritters, but just don’t have the time to bust out the fry oil and start deep frying? This Apple Fritter Loaf is here to give you all those familiar flavours without the deep frying stress or mess.
This recipe was adapted from Home is Where the Boat Is’s recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Apple Fritter Bread.
Apple season is here and you bet we’re making all the recipes with apple. This Apple Fritter Loaf has all your favourite fall flavours in a single recipe. A quick bread recipe that’s more of a dessert than bread, but who says you can’t have a slice of this for breakfast with a little jam on it.
Top tips for making Apple Fritter Loaf:
- Peel your apples because the texture of the skin in the loaf is not ideal.
- Grease and line your pan to avoid an unwanted sticking. We don’t want to leave any of that delicious loaf left in the pan to go to waste.
Substitutions for this recipe:
- Apples – Not a substitution but you can choose any variety of apple for this recipe. But if you really don’t want to use apples you could also try this recipe with pears.
- Vegan Butter – If you don’t have access to vegan butter you could try this recipe with cold (solid) coconut oil. We haven’t tested this, but it should have a similar result.
- Flax Eggs – You could sub for apple sauce if you want instead, it would also pair with the flavourings perfectly. However we have not tried with this variation so we cannot guarentee it will work.
- Maple Syrup – Any liquid sweetener of choice will do.
How to make vegan Apple Fritter Loaf:
Apple Fritter Loaf
Cinnamon Sugar Apples
- 200 g (2) apples, , peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 25 g (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 50 g (¼ cup) brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 130 g (⅔ cup) granulated sugar
- 113 g (½ cup) vegan butter, softened
- 2 flax eggs
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 190 g (1½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 1¾ tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 120 mL (½ cup) non-dairy milk
- 200 g (1 cup) icing sugar
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) milk
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
Before you start: Make your flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp ground flax seeds and 6 tbsp water, mix it together and then set it aside to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- To a bowl add chopped apples, cinnamon and granulated sugar. Mix until the apples are evenly coated. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat vegan butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the flax eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt - add it to the other butter and sugar mixture. beat until just combined.
- Add non-dairy milk into your batter and mix until all combined.
- Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Add half the batter to the pan, then half the apple mixture, and sprinkle generously with the brown sugar mixture.
- Add the remaining batter, top with the remaining apples, and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture to your heart’s content (I like a lot).
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, then do the toothpick test and if it comes out clean then you’re done. If not bake, for another 5-10mins, watching it closely. We ended up with a bake of 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- While the loaf cools, make the glaze by combining icing sugar, vanilla extract, non-dairy milk, and maple syrup and whisk until smooth.
- Once the loaf has cooled, pour on the glaze and you’re done!
Pin it for later: