Our Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is quick, easy, and packed with delicious flavours. This simple vegan weeknight recipe features vegan Italian sausage, tender potato, and fresh veggies!
I don’t know if you can tell, but we’ve been having a moment with sheet pan recipes. I don’t know what we were waiting for because WE LOVE SHEET PAN MEALS. They’re simple, delicious and a quick clean up. Our Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is no exception.
Over the last few months we’ve made a number of delicious vegan sheet pan recipes – this may be the best one yet! This recipe features spicy Italian vegan sausages (we use Beyond Sausage), tender baby potatoes, a medley of veggies, and a load of seasonings and herbs for flavour.
Just 12 ingredients and one sheet pan is all you need for this quick and easy vegan dinner idea.
Top tips for making Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner:
- Don’t bake everything at once. Everything cooks at different times. To avoid over-or under-baking any particular ingredient timing each veggie is key. That’s why we start with baking the potatoes first before adding the other veggies, as they take different times to cook.
- Cut your veggies according to cook time. Remember that the smaller you cut the veggie, the quicker they’ll cook! It’s best to stick to 1 inch pieces for each veggie.
- Make it your own. This is easy recipe to customize, so go ahead and make it your own. For your ease, we’ve included some great ways you can make this recipe your own in this blog post.
Vegetarian Sheet Pan Recipe Variation Ideas:
- Shake up the veggies for a variation on this delicious sheet pan dinner. Use whatever you have in your fridge to make a delicious, yet simple dinner. However, remember that each veggie has its own cook time, so its best not to throw everything on a sheet pan and bake together.
- Swap the potatoes for other potatoes or leave them out entirely. This recipe would also be great on a bed of sweet potatoes or even parsnips! Or if you want to leave them out, you can serve the roasted veggies and sausage on a bed of rice, quinoa, or any other grain of choice.
- Add a little spice! Shake up the seasoning or add a little spice to your veggies for a twist on this simple recipe.
- Get a little saucy. This recipe doesn’t call for a sauce, but it’s a great way to spruce up this already delicious dinner. Even a dash of hot sauce can go a long way.
Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner FAQ:
How do you make a sheet pan dinner?
A sheet pan meal is like a one-pot meal, just using a pan instead of a pot! It saves time, makes clean-up easier, and requires no fancy equipment. Sheet pan dinners are simple to make; all you need is some veggies, a protein, and a sheet pan to bake it on.
What can I use instead of a sheet pan?
If you don’t have a sheet pan, you can make this in a casserole pan or cast iron pan – you may just need to do it in batches. Though if you have neither of those, you could also try to make this on some aluminum foil in the oven or on the grill!
How to make Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner:
Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4 vegan sausages*
- 680 g baby potatoes, quartered or halved
- 100 g (½ bunch) kale, chopped
- 120 g (1 medium) yellow bell pepper, chopped (1/2")
- 120 g (1 medium) red bell pepper, chopped (1/2")
- 80 g (½ medium) red onion, chopped (1/2")
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 6 g (1 tbsp) garlic powder
- 5 g (1 tbsp) red pepper flakes
- 6 g (1 tbsp) smoked paprika
- 4 g (2 tbsp) fresh rosemary
- pinch salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- To a lined or greased baking sheet add quartered potatoes and toss with 1 tbsp of the oil and half the spices and herbs. Bake for 10 minutes.
- To the sheet pan add chopped bell peppers, onion, and kale – toss with 1 tbsp of oil and the remaining spices and herbs. Place the sausages over top and drizzle with remaining oil and bake and additional 15-20 minutes or until golden.