classic caesar cocktail
Canada Day has always been some of my fondest memories. Family barbecues, cover band live shows, festivals, fireworks, and so much more. Canada Day is about eating delicious food and hanging out with the people you love most.
It’s Canada Day and we want to celebrate it as Canadian as we can. What’s more Canadian than Caesars!? If you’re not Canadian you know these as Bloody Mary’s, but we promise Caesars are better. We’re not biased, we swear. However a classic Caesar has Clamato juice in it which is tomato juice with, you guessed it, clams! We know, it sounds disgusting, but it’s actually delicious. Now that we’re vegan obviously these are off limits, but we still want to enjoy Canada’s national cocktail. Vegans don’t fret, there is a way.
The perfect combination of tomatoy goodness, hot sauce, and taste of the sea – this cocktail is the drink you need today. As us vegans can’t enjoy Clamato Juice, we chose a vegetable cocktail as the perfect alternative. So get your poutine (if you haven’t see our poutine taste test yet, we discovered we may be too Canadian), maple syrup, and ketchup chips ready because it is time to celebrate Canada.
Looking for the perfect long weekend meal? How about our classic vegan burgers paired with grilled corn salad, big mac potato salad, and s’mores bars. Be sure to check out our epic vegan caesars with a twist inclusing our Ultimate Canadian (complete with timbits) and our Sweet Chili Heat!
CLASSIC CAESAR COCKTAIL
- 4 cups vegetable cocktail
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 sheet nori
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 oz vodka
- 1 tsp tabasco (optional)
- Submerge your nori sheet into your boiling water and set aside. This will help to make up the seafood-y taste you would normally get from the clam juice.
- Add your vegetable cocktail, vegan worcestershire sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, and black pepper to a pitcher and mix.
- Strain your nori water into a bowl so that you don't get any nori chunks in the water. Squeeze out your nori to get all excess water out. Pour the infused water into your cocktail mix.
- Finally add your vodka and mix.
Watch the video