Homemade dairy free dill cream cheese spread, the perfect condiment for an easy and delicious bagel sandwich lunch. Topped with avocado and everything bagel seasoning, this healthy Vegan Dill Cream Cheese and Avocado Bagel is the best DIY weekday meal.
Take your bagel game up a level and spruce up some vegan cream cheese for the ultimate quick and easy brunch sandwich. With the addition of just a simple fresh, flavourful ingredients, this twist on a bagel and cream cheese is the perfect weekday lunch.
Using simple store-bought vegan cream cheese, we added fresh dill, lemon, and dried chives to give it a whole new flavour. This cross between a cream cheese bagel and avocado toast is the ultimate brunch meal. A generous amount of homemade dairy-free dill cream cheese slathered on a toasted everything bagel, and topped with creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, and peppery arugula. This simple, yet flavourful sandwich may just be our new favourite.
Top tips for the perfect Vegan Dill Cream Cheese and Avocado Bagel:
- Let the cream cheese chill. After working in the fresh herbs and seasonings, the cream cheese may need to rest in the fridge again. Let it rest 5-10 minutes while your prep everything else, before spreading onto the bagel, for optimal texture.
- Use fresh herbs. While, yes we do use some dried herbs in this recipes, we recommend using fresh dill when possible. Fresh dill adds such a vibrant, delicious flavour.
- Toast the bagel. Depending on how you like your bagel, toasting is a must! We like ours double toasted but you can toast your bagel to whatever your preference is.
- Salt the tomatoes. Salting the tomatoes not only intensifies the flavour of the tomato, but also draws out some of the moisture. This simple step is truly a game changer.
Vegan Dill Cream Cheese and Avocado Bagel Recipe FAQ:
Can I use any vegan cream cheese?
Yes! We typically opt for Tofutti Cream Cheese because it’s readily available to us. However you can use whatever vegan cream cheese you choose. Or better yet, make your own if you’d like. There are plenty of homemade recipes available.
How do you make everything bagel seasoning?
We used the Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. But if you’re looking to make your own all you need to do is combine; poppy seeds, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, minced dried garlic, minced dried onion, and flaked sea salt.
How to do you make DIY Vegan Dill Cream Cheese?
We always use a store-bought vegan cream cheese as the base and add the flavours we want. For the dill cream cheese just add some lemon, fresh dill, dried chives, salt, and pepper.
How to make a Vegan Dill Cream Cheese and Avocado Bagel:
Vegan Dill Cream Cheese & Avocado Bagel
- 2 bagels, sliced in half and toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 10 g (½ cup) arugula, or spinach
- everything bagel seasoning, to taste (optional)
Vegan Dill Cream Cheese:
- 60 g (¼ cup) vegan cream cheese
- 2 g (1 tsp) lemon zest
- 10 mL (2 tsp) lemon juice
- 4 g (2 tbsp) fresh dill
- 2 tsp dried chives
- salt & pepper, to taste
- To a bowl combine vegan cream cheese with lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh dill, dried chives, salt, and pepper. Mix until evenly combined.
- Toast bagel and spread with vegan cream cheese mixture. To finish the sandwich top with arugula, sliced avocado and sliced tomatoes. For extra flavour sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. Enjoy!