“Honey” Garlic Cauliflower Bites + Dip
Sticky, sweet and 100% plant-based. “Honey” Garlic Cauliflower Bites are perfect for your next game day party.
Everyone has those game days in their life. Whether you watch hockey or basketball or football or tennis, there are always big games that require delicious snacks. If you’re not vegan you can almost guarantee that chicken wings will be a part of the spread. Well we are vegan and that’s not an option anymore, but don’t fret because cauliflower wings are a thing.
What you’ll need for this recipe. Cauliflower wings take a while to make, but fortunately they don’t take many ingredients to make them delicious. All you’ll need is cauliflower, flour, seasonings, water, milk and your favourite sauce.
The perfect game day dish or any day dish really; “Honey” Garlic Cauliflower Bites. The cauliflower is tender enough to mimic a boneless chicken wing without any actual chicken! The sauce is the perfect balance of heat and sweet that works for any taste palette. Plus paired with the creamy ranch dip, you’ll be able to trick all of your omnivore friends.
Looking for more delicious game day eats? Check out more awesome recipes below.
"Honey" Garlic Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour flour
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/8 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a shallow dish add whole wheat flour, panko, cornmeal, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder and mix until all combined.
- In two separate bowls add 1 cup non-dairy milk and 1 cup all purpose flour.
- For each cauliflower floret; coat in flour, then milk, then panko mixture and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat for all florets.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While bites are baking prepare your sauces. Add agave nectar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic powder and chili flakes to a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- BONUS DIP: In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup vegan mayo, 2 tsp non dairy milk, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tbsp dill. Set aside.
- Remove bites from oven and toss in "honey" garlic sauce. Place bake on the baking sheet and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with celery and carrots and nom nom nom.
How to make Vegan “Honey” Garlic Cauliflower Bites and Creamy Ranch Dip