Loaded Corn on the Cob (Elote)
Did you know today is National Corn on the Cob Day? Did you even know such a day existed? Yea, we didn’t either. But what better day to debut our next amazing recipe in the lead up to Canada Day than this amazing National Day.
Corn on the cob is seriously one of our favourite summer treats! So juicy and fresh, how can you go wrong? Well you can’t with corn on the cob. Especially this recipe for our loaded corn on the cob!
Not only do you get the amazing freshness from the corn, but the amazing spice and creaminess compliment it so well. This is one recipe you will be making over and over again.
Loaded Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- sriracha, for topping (optional)
- chili flakes, for topping (optional)
- Shuck and quickly rinse all ears of corn. Wrap each corn with aluminium foil tightly.
- On a BBQ heated on medium to high heat cook your wrapped corn for 15 minutes. Rotating on each side throughout.
- Remove the foil (carefully it will be hot!) and place the corn on the cob back on the grill for about 5 minutes. Rotating to every side. We are just looking to get a bit of colour on them.
- To make your drizzle add your mayo, water, lime juice, finely chopped cilantro, garlic powder and pepper to a bowl and mix together.
- Prepare your avocado by finely dicing as small as you can get it.
- Now it’s time to top your corn. Give a generous drizzle to each corn and top with your avocado cubes, sriracha and chili flakes.
- Pro tip: You could also top these with jalapeno pepper, smoked paprika or taco seasoning.