Today is a great day. It’s National Corn on the Cob Day! Did you even know such a day existed? We didn’t, but we’re so glad that we do now. It’s the perfect day to debut one of our favourite recipes to date; Loaded Corn on the Cob.
As part of our lead up to Canada Day we’re debuting long weekend worthy recipes every week. Everyone knows that a large part of long weekends are the food. It should be delicious, easy to make and shareable of course! One of our favourite dishes is corn on the cob. It’s low cost and easy to cook, plus it’s the literal flavour of summer. Juicy corn on the cob topped with a lime cilantro drizzle, diced avocado, sriracha and optional chili flakes. The perfect burst of flavour in every single bite.
Serving to a large number of people? Why not set up a corn on the cob bar? A variety of toppings all ready for your guests to make their very own loaded corn on the cob masterpiece. For this specific recipe check it and the video out below.
Loaded Corn on the CobPrint
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- sriracha, for topping (optional)
- chili flakes, for topping (optional)
- Shuck and quickly rinse all ears of corn. Wrap each corn with aluminium foil tightly.
- On a BBQ heated on medium to high heat cook your wrapped corn for 15 minutes. Rotating on each side throughout.
- Remove the foil (carefully it will be hot!) and place the corn on the cob back on the grill for about 5 minutes. Rotating to every side. We are just looking to get a bit of colour on them.
- To make your drizzle add your mayo, water, lime juice, finely chopped cilantro, garlic powder and pepper to a bowl and mix together.
- Prepare your avocado by finely dicing as small as you can get it.
- Now it's time to top your corn. Give a generous drizzle to each corn and top with your avocado cubes, sriracha and chili flakes.
How to make Vegan Loaded Corn on the Cob (Elote)