Just four ingredients and you have a delicious, decadent 4-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse dessert!
The day of love is all about showing the one you love just how much you love them, but that doesn’t mean you need to spend hours making an overly complicated dessert. Food is the ultimate love language, especially when it’s chocolate. There’s nothing better than a home-cooked meal completed with dessert and that’s why we created a delicious 3-course Valentine’s Day menu that you can cook in the comfort of your own home. Plus it’s super easy to make AND costs under $15 for the entire menu.
The perfect Valentine’s Day menu:
- Mashed Green Pea Crostini – A simple appetizer that utilizes similar ingredients to the entree. This appetizer is bright, vibrant and super simple to make.
- One Pot Chickpea Tomato Pasta – The main course is an easy, one pot pasta recipe packed with great nutritional value! It comes together in just about 30 minutes and uses quality ingredients that are bursting with flavour.
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse – Yep, three simple ingredients and you’ve got yourself the perfect end to your Valentine’s Day meal.
What’s so special about this 4-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse? It uses the leftover chickpea water from the One Pot Chickpea Tomato Pasta recipe to create a light and airy texture. Yep, you read that right this dessert is made almost entirely of chickpea water. Just add a little bit of sugar, melted chocolate and baking powder make a super simple dessert.
Aquafaba is the liquid from a can of chickpeas or the liquid left behind after soaking dried chickpeas overnight. It has this amazing ability to mimic the characteristics of regular egg whites. When beat with a mixer it will eventually fluff up to form soft peaks and eventually stiff peaks just like and egg white meringue would. The most important thing to know is that beating aquafaba takes time! If you think its not working keep it going for a few more minutes and eventually you’ll see it begin to fluff more and more.
This 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse will keep in the fridge well for at least three to four days – probably longer but we promise you’ll eat them too quick to find out.
Don’t forget to tag @twomarketgirls and #twomarketgirls on Instagram if you make one of our recipes.
3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- 19 fl oz can aquafaba*
- 100 g (1/2 cup) can sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate, + more for topping
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Melt chocolate over using a double-boiler. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer add aquafaba and mix until soft peaks. Once it reaches soft peaks, beat in sugar 1 spoonful at a time. Mix until stiff peaks.**
- Fold in the slightly cooled chocolate until combined. Sprinkle in baking powder and fold until combined.
- Add the mousse to cups and chill at least 20 minutes. Serve with shaved chocolate.