I love to cook. I love the fact that you can bring together a series of ingredients, that have nothing to do with one another, and create a beautiful dish that tastes delicious. It’s art in a way. The same way an artist brings together different paints to create something new, a chef does with food. However not everyone feels this way. Some people love delicious food, but absolutely hate to make it. I get it, I have those days too. That’s why we wanted to give you the ultimate 30-minute meal. Our Coconut Curry Stir Fry is not only delicious, but comes together in about 25 minutes.
For a lot of vegans a stir fry is a go-to meal. It’s quick and easy to make, packed full of vegetables and protein, and can easily be customized. That’s why it’s also one of our favourite meals to make, from our Crispy Tofu & Bok Choy to our Peanut Lime Stir Fry. It’s time to enter a new stir fry into the rotation: Coconut Curry Stir Fry.
Perfectly cooked noodles topped with a medley of vegetables, coconut chunks, and finished with a generous drizzle of our curry sauce. I’ve seriously been eating this dish for dinner since I made it the first time – it’s addictive. Maybe it’s how easy it is to make or maybe it’s the change, but either way I’m not mad about it.
Don’t forget that stir fries are completely customizable, which means you should feel free to change up aspects of this recipe if you happen to not like particular ingredients. Enjoy this with some crispy tofu or smoked tempeh for additional protein.
Coconut Curry Stir Fry
- 8 oz noodles
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 bunches bok choy, , separated
- 1/2 cup coconut chunks
- 1 medium carrot, , sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Add about 2 tbsp of water to a wok on high heat and add the carrots, bok choy, sugar snap peas, and coconut chunks. Cover with the lid and steam for 4-5 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- While the vegetables steam, blanch the stir fry noodles in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes. Drain water and set aside.
- To a food process combine all sauce ingredients, except the corn starch. Process until combined. You could also do this in a bowl with a whisk instead. To a small bowl add the corn starch and about 1 tbsp of the sauce mixture. Mix until combined and smooth. Add the corn starch mixture to the rest of the sauce and set aside.
- Add the noodles to the steamed vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over stir fry and cook until thickened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds.