Take your Beyond Meat Burger to the next level with our Korean BBQ Beyond Burger.
Burger are one of our favourites. The symbol of summer cooking and always delicious. With the incredible advancement in plant-based meats today it would be a disservice not to show you how you can make your plant-based burger the envy of the party.
We love the Beyond Meat Burger. Not only is it changing minds but it also acts as a great ground beef substitute if you want to dress up your burger. We put that to the test today. With an array of added flavours every bite of this upgraded Beyond Meat Burger is delicious.
What makes this Korean BBQ Beyond Burger delicious?
- The perfect blend of flavours IN the patty.
- Fresh and vibrant.
- That toasted bun though.
- Grilled to perfection.
A plant-based burger has never tasted so good. With the added ingredients to the patty – be careful on the grill as the patties can be fairly delicate. We switched the cook over to a cast iron pan on the grill in order for the patties to keep together. You could also look to add a bit more dry ingredients to help keep it together.
Korean BBQ Burger
- 2 sesame seed buns
- 2 Beyond Meat Burger patties
- 1/4 cup (10 g) cilantro, 10g
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger paste
- 2 cloves (15 g) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (12 g) green onions, finely minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) gochujang
- 1 tsp (5 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ML) rice vinegar
Miso Candied Bacon
- 6 slices King's Vegetarian bacon, (or other vegan bacon substitute)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) miso paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) soy sauce
- pinch all spice
Carrot Kale Slaw
- 2/3 cup (35 g) kale, sliced
- 2/3 cup (60 g) carrots, shredded
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 lime, juiced
- vegan mayo, to taste
- cucumber slices, to taste
- green leaf lettuce, to taste
- Defrost two Beyond Burger patties the night before.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- To prepare the slaw combine all slaw ingredients and using your hands massage the kale and carrots until softened. Allow to rest while you prepare everything else.
- To make the Miso Candied Bacon, combine miso paste, maple syrup, rice vinegar, soy sauce and all spice. Stir to incorporate.
- Place the vegan bacon on a lined baking sheet and coat with the miso maple mixture on both sides. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes. The timing will depend on the vegan bacon you use.
- Allow to cool while you prepare everything else.
- To make the burger patties, mash with your hands the patties in a large bowl, so that it resembles ground beef. To that bowl add ginger paste, garlic, green onions, maple syrup, gochujang, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Using your hands combine that all until well distributed. Form into 2-4 patties, depending on the size you want your burgers to be. We did 2 patties.
- Cook on a BBQ on high heat until golden brown and crispy on the outside.*
- Right before they're finished cooking, add the buns to the grill to toast.
- Build your burger by topping with vegan mayo, green leaf lettuce, bacon, cucumber and slaw.
How to make Vegan Korean BBQ Beyond Burgers (video)