DISCLAIMER: This post contains affiliate links. This means that we get a percentage of the sales, but don’t worry the cost is the same to you. This post is in collaboration with New Air Appliances.
Back to school is around the corner which means it’s time to start thinking quick and easy meals that also happen to be delicious. One of our favourite meals is a wrap. You can pack them with delicious vegetables, they travel well, and are perfectly filling. The perfect meal to fuel you through long study sessions and late night essay writing. Take your wrap game up a notch with our Korean Fried Tofu Warp.
Typically we try and avoid deep-frying. It’s obviously delicious, but deep-frying is messy and a lot of work (however, that didn’t stop us from making our southern fried portobello burgers). We partnered up with New Air Appliances to show you how you can have delicious healthy deep fried food without the time and mess. They sent us their new Magic Chef XL Air Fryer a couple weeks ago to play around with, and honestly we LOVE IT! We have had different air fryers in the past, and this one completely blew us away. The Magic Chef allows for adjustable temperature and has a built in timer! We know we’ll be using this appliance a lot in the future.
We tested this a few times, but the ultimate test was classic southern fried chicken. Many don’t think you’d be able to get the perfect crispy “skin” without using oil – we’re here to tell you that you can (and in only 20 minutes)! Every bite of this perfect cooked tofu is perfectly crispy and flavourful. We proceeded to smoother it in a Korean-inspired sauce and added to a wrap full of delicious fresh veggies.
Wrap it up and take it for lunch or simply make it for dinner when you get home – this wrap is the perfect meal. It keeps you full and is absolutely delicious. The perfect level of spice is balanced out with a good amount of mayo and fresh flavours.
This recipe is one of two featuring the Magic Chef XL Air Fryer in a back-to-school wrap challenge! Check out the Buffalo Chickpea Wrap for another delicious school lunch.
Looking for the ultimate air fryer? Purchase the Magic Chef XL Air Fryer and we promise you won’t regret it. Bonus – if you buy it through our link and use code TWOMARKETGIRLS you will receive 25% off! A little bit of warning – it’s fairly big, so make some room if you have a small kitchen. Want to test your luck at winning an air-fryer? Follow us on Instagram @twomarketgirls and look for our giveaway post – closes Wednesday, August 29th 2018.
Korean-style Fried Chicken Wrap
- 1 block tofu
- 2 cups all purpose flour , divided
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp all spice , divided
- 2 tsp ginger powder , divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder , divided
- 2 tsp onion powder , divided
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup carrot , matchsticked
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 large pickle , sliced thick
- 2 whole wheat wraps
- Chop your tofu into rectangles about the size of a chicken nugget (1" wide, 1.5" tall, 1/2" thick). Set aside.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup flour, non-dairy milk, 1 tsp of ginger powder, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of onion powder, and 1 tsp of all spice. In another bowl combine the rest of the flour and spices. Set aside.
- Coat your tofu pieces in batter and then toss in the spiced flour mixture. Clumps of flour and batter are okay because that gives it the signature crunchy outer layer.
- Set your air-fryer to 400F and place tofu in a single layer in the basket. Cook for 20 minutes, flipping them every 5 minutes.
- While your tofu cooks prepare the sauce by combining gochujang, soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, and mustard. Mix until a smooth consistency.
- Toss the cooked tofu until completely coated in sauce.
- Construct the wrap with mayo, lettuce, carrots, tofu pieces and pickles.
How to make Korean Fried Tofu Wrap