What’s summer without ice cream? Well that’s simple, it’s not summer. Simply put, you cannot spend summer without having ice cream at least once. There are a lot of delicious vegan ice cream options on the market. However if you’re someone like Kat you like unique flavours. Sometimes a simple vanilla or chocolate just wont do. One of Kat’s personal favourite combinations happens to be Strawberry Basil Ice Cream.
Now what happens if you don’t have an ice cream maker? Don’t worry, we don’t have one either! You heard that right, this is a No Churn Strawberry Basil Ice Cream. No ice cream maker needed here.
Fresh and creamy – you would have no idea this ice cream is vegan. The perfect dessert for summer, as it’s light, fresh and delicious. Strawberry Basil may not seem like a top combination, but they work together to make the most delicious sweet and herby taste. It’s a fresh change from the classic sweet and savoury combination. With just the right amount of basil, it won’t take over the delicious fruity flavour of the strawberries.
Top with some fresh fruit and serve on a waffle or on its own.
Strawberry Basil Ice CreamPrint
- 3 cans coconut cream, chilled in fridge overnight
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries + 1/4 cup for garnish
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil + 1-2 leaves for garnish
- Add your pitted dates to a small bowl and add boiling water until covered. Leave the dates to soak in the water for about 10 minutes. This will make them a lot easier to blend.
- To a blender add your strawberries and water and blend until smooth. Add your basil and blend until smooth.
- Add your softened dates to your strawberry mix and blend until smooth.
- Add your strawberry mix to a chilled stand mixer bowl along with the cream from the chilled coconut cream cans. You just want the coconut cream on top, not the water. Mix until light and fluffy. It may take a few minutes.
- Add your strawberry chunks and basil leaves for garnish and crunch into your ice cream mix. Lightly fold them in.
- Add your mix to a parchment lined loaf pan and set in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
How to make Vegan Strawberry Basil Ice Cream