Creamy, spicy and packed full of flavour. You’ll never look at a bowl of ramen the same after you’ve had this Vegan Thai Coconut Ramen.
Hands up if you love ramen as much as we do. When we were kids ramen simply meant that cheap noodle packet you buy from the grocery store when you need a quick meal. We’ve never heen happier to grow up. You learn that ramen is actually this beautifully constructed dish with complex flavours. Not to mention it’s the ultimate comfort food. Whenever we’re looking for something soothing and easy to make we reach for the ramen noodles and make our Thai Coconut Ramen. Looking for something a little more classic? Check out our Easy Vegan Ramen.
We love making this Thai Coconut Ramen because as far as ramen goes it’s fairly simple to make and with just a short amount of time there’s still a powerful amount of flavour that comes through in every spoonful. A combination of vegetable broth, coconut milk and familiar Asian flavours like garlic, ginger, lemongrass and curry make this broth super addictive. Complete with mushrooms, snow peas, green onions and red bell peppers.
Check out the full recipe below with video tutorial.
Thai Coconut RamenPrint
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 cloves (20 g) garlic, minced
- 1 (112 g) red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp better than bouillion
- 1.5 cups (220 mL) water
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
- 1 cup (40 g) dehydrated mushrooms
- 1 cup (100 g) snow peas
- 2 pkg (170 g) ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 (200 g) block tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup (25 g) green onions
- 1/4 cup (15 g) cilantro
- sesame seeds, (optional)
- lime slices, (optional)
- Place tofu in an air fryer at 400F and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- While the tofu cooks, sautee the red bell pepper in about 1 tbsp of water in a soup pot. After 1-2 minutes, add curry powder, lemongrass paste, ginger powder, and minced garlic. Stir and sautee another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, water and broth paste. Stir until combined. Add in mushrooms and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the snow peas and ramen noodles and cook until al dente. Right at the end finish with lime juice.
- Serve topped with green onions, cilantro, a slice of lime, and crispy tofu.
How to make Vegan Thai Coconut Ramen