Happy Father’s Day! We’re going to admit, we kinda forgot about this day when we were planning recipes. However once we realized, the recipe we planned for today kind of just made sense. Vegan Big Mac Potato Salad, if this isn’t a recipe made for Father’s Day, we don’t know what is. Dad’s are great. They’re funny, they’re supportive, and they’re always there for a late night phone call when your freaking out about some sort of home repair. So thanks dads for always being there. We thought because you are always so great you deserved some delicious vegan food. Delicious vegan comfort food is what everyone wants in life, right!?
If you couldn’t tell by now, we like to make things big mac style. Check out our Big Mac Poutine from last spring, it’s mouth-watering. This Big Mac Potato Salad is the perfect addition to your weekend barbecue. Not only will no one know this is vegan (I know we always say that, but we promise it’s true) but they will also think they are straight up eating a Big Mac. It’s as if you spent your day deconstructing Big Macs and adding it to delicious potatoes.
It’s the perfect quick and easy recipe that is sure to impress your guests. No matter how much like like meat.
Big Mac Potato Salad
- 8 medium yellow potatoes
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, , shredded
- 1/2 white onion, , diced
- 4 dill pickles, , diced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 block medium firm tofu
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp green relish
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Die your potatoes into your desired size. Boil potatoes in salt water until just tender. Set aside.
- Prep all your salad ingredients and set aside.
- Add all you dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix until it is all combined and smooth.
- Mix together your potatoes and prepped salad ingredients. Toss in about half your prepared dressing. *You will have extra dressing, perfect for on top of burgers!
- Sprinkle with sesame seed for garnish.