Parties aren’t complete without good food. Food can make or break any get together, so it has to be good. If you ask either Katherine or Devin, we will tell you that appetizers are what matters. If there is a food table, we are going straight for the appetizers. Appetizers are amazing because most of the time they are simple enough to be eaten without cutlery and you can have a small bite of almost everything. Dips are amazing for this very thing. You can make a lot of them and people can share.
What if we told you we made a dip so delicious that all the other dips are jealous? A dip that is so easy to make, the worst cook in your household could make it? A dip so indulgent, you would never believe that it’s vegan? Too good to be true? Never.
Enter the best pizza dip ever. You read that right, PIZZA DIP, because pizza is everyone’s favourite food. This dip is everything you want in a pizza, except in dip form. You do not feel like you are missing out on anything that you would get from a slice of pizza. It is filled with delicious tomato sauce, gooey vegan cheese and perfectly fluffly bread for dipping.
To make this the perfect party appetizer we obviously had to serve it in a cast iron pan, because is there any more aesthetically pleasing dish? Additionally, as a last minute add-in, we created a pull apart bread ring around the dip. This pulled everything together so well, we honestly could not have pictured the dip without it. After all pizza, whether in dip form or not, always needs a delicious fluffy crust.
This dip comes together in no time at all, and most of that time is while it is baking, leaving you lots of time to set up your perfect party or make even more delicious appetizers.
Vegan Pizza Dip
- 1 pizza dough, pre-made
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 pkg daiya cream cheese
- 1 pkg tofutti sour cream
- 1/2 cup marinara
- 1 pkg yves vegan pepperoni, divided
- 1 pkg daiya mozzarella shreds, divided
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp onion powder, divided
- 1 tbsp hot chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt your butter and brush about half of it around the inside of your cast iron pan.
- Roll your pizza dough into 1 inch balls and place them in a ring around the edge of your cast iron pan, so that it creates like a wreath of bread. Cover and set aside to rise a little bit while you prepare your dip.
- To a food processor add your vegan cream cheese and sour cream and process until one consistency. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in your marinara and 1/2 package of vegan mozzarella shreds. Quarter half of your vegan pepperoni and add to your cheese mix. Add your spices including; 1 tbsp dired oregano, rosemary, parsely, thyme, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder and hot chili flakes. Mix.
- Add your dip to the centre of your cast iron pan. Top with half of the remaining mozzarella shreds, then brush the pizza dough wreath with the remaining melted butter. Sprinkle on 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp onion powder. Top with remaining vegan pepperoni slices and vegan mozzarella shreds.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.