This quick and easy Vegan BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza comes together in just a few minutes. Loaded with sweet, spicy, and tangy flavours – these pizzas are perfect for lunch, dinner, or game day.
Looking for a quick and easy recipe that still packs on the flavour? Pita pizzas are a lunch time winner. This Vegan BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza comes together in under 30 minutes and is loaded with vegan chicken, bbq sauce, dairy free cheese, and red onions.
This simple plant-based meal is a crowd-pleaser hitting you with all the best flavours. With just 7 simple vegan ingredients, this pizza comes together so quickly no prep is needed for this weekday lunch.
Top tips for making a Pita Pizza:
- Utilize the entire pita. Bring the sauce and topping to the end of the pita so you can pack as much toppings on your pita as possible.
- Use a dark baking sheet. Like pizza you want as much heat coming to the pizza. Darker baking sheets hold heat better than lighter ones.
- Use convection baking. For a more even bake use your convection bake setting on your oven. Convection bake utilizes a fan to distribute the heat throughout the oven.
- Bake until crispy on the bottom and the cheese is melted. The pizza is fully cooked when the bottom is golden and crispy and the cheese is melted.
- (Optional) Skip the oven and use your grill. We made this recipe with oven but you can take it up a level by making this quick and easy lunch on the grill.
Vegan BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza recipe FAQ:
Is pita bread vegan?
Yes, but not all. Most pita bread you can get at the grocery store are vegan-friendly but be sure to double check the ingredient list just in case.
What vegan cheese works best on pizza?
We used Daiya cheese for this pita pizza but you can use whatever shredded vegan cheese you want.
How to make Vegan BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza:
Vegan BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza
- 3 pitas
- 6 tbsp bbq sauce
- 170 g shredded vegan mozzarella
- 227 g vegan chicken
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- cilantro, finely diced
- vegan ranch, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a small bowl combine 3 tbsp of the bbq sauce and the vegan chicken, toss to coat. Set aside.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet and spread with remaining bbq sauce. Sprinkle with half the vegan cheese shreds. Top with vegan chicken, diced red onion, and remaining vegan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and bottom is golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle finished pizzas with cilantro and serve with vegan ranch if using.