The pizza version of the world’s most famous burger. The familiar taste of a Big Mac atop of fluffy and crispy pizza crust, introducing our Vegan Big Mac Pizza.
Just because we’re vegan doesn’t mean we don’t miss those go-to childhood favourites. However now we just have to enjoy them a little differently. This Vegan Big Mac Pizza not only has that familiar McDonald’s taste, but it’s also 100% plant-based and absolutely delicious. Inspired by our favourite vegan pizza shop in Toronto, Apiecalypse Now. They make a number of delicious vegan pizzas, but our personal favourite is the Vegan Fat Mac.
So what are the components of a Big Mac? You need the meat, the bread, onions, pickles, cheese, lettuce, Mac sauce and of course sesame seeds! The best part about this, is that it’s essentially everything in a Big Mac, except on a pie. Every bite just brings you back to your childhood or those many hungover nights…
Made using Daiya Cutting Board Shreds, Yves Veggie Ground Round and Earth Island Veganaise! Thank goodness for all these amazing vegan brands creating delicious staples that make being vegan so easy. FYI this isn’t sponsored we just love convenience.
Check out the full recipe and video below.
Vegan Big Mac Pizza
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cup (150 g) vegan cheddar shreds
- 1/2 cup (85 g) pickles, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (80 g) white onion, finely diced
- 1 pkg (340 g) vegan ground "beef"
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup (50 g) lettuce, shredded
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp relish
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 450F. Place a dark baking sheet in the oven, upside down to preheat with the oven. This will help cook the pizza quicker and mimic a pizza stone cook.
- In a small bowl combine the mac sauce ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Using your hands and the weight of the dough "roll" out pizza dough to about 1/4" thick. To see an example, check out the video below. Optionally you can also do this with a rolling pin. Transfer dough to a lightly greased dark baking sheet. Fold over about 1" all around the edges to form your crust. Brush the crust with oil. Sprinkle with half the sesame seeds along the crust. Using a small knife, dock the pizza dough to avoid too many bubbles. Place in the oven on top of the preheated baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pre-baked crust from the oven and spread half of the mac sauce on the pizza dough, sprinkle with ground "beef", pickles, onions and cheese. Return to the oven for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle with lettuce and remaining mac sauce. Place in oven for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once baked, sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
- Slice and enjoy.
Pingback: 15 of the Best Vegan Pizza Recipes - Lindsay Castano