This recipe for Vegan Spicy Chicken Sandwich is sponsored by Ello Products. Spicy, crispy vegan chicken – sandwiched between toasted sour dough, dill pickles, lettuce and vegan mayo.
Back-to-school, whatever that looks like for you, is around the corner. Whether you’redoing virtual learning or in person, a good sandwich for lunch is a great way to power you through the day. We teamed up with Ello Products (using their 10pc Meal Prep Set) to create two delicious vegan sandwiches perfect for your work or school lunch. You’re in exactly the right spot for our recipe for a quick and easy Vegan Spicy Chicken Sandwich, but we also suggest you check out our other recipe for our Roasted Tomato Pesto Sandwich.
If you know us, you know we LOVE a good vegan fried chicken sandwich. However vegan fried chicken isn’t exactly school lunch-friendly. So we made a super simple baked vegan chicken sandwich that is delicious both warm and cold.
About Ello Products
For this recipe we used the Ello Products 10pc Meal Prep Set. This set of five glass containers comes with airtight locking lids so you can keep your food fresh for longer. They’re leak proof, stain-resistant and oven-safe up to 425F (with the lid off). The silicone sleeve protects the glass and tabletops and provides a no-slip grip. Plus their microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe! You won’t need another container again.
We’ve been using Ello Products containers and tumblrs for over a year now and absolutely LOVE them. Not only do they have all the benefits listed above, they’re also super cute! The colours allow you to better organize your week’s meals and the glass makes it easy to see what’s inside it. In this recipe we used our container to bake the vegan chicken, which means any leftovers are stored in the same container!
Tips for Making Vegan Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Toast the bread so that you can avoid soggy bread later.
- Pick a flavourful hot sauce that will make your vegan chicken stand out.
- Make extras so that you can have this multiple times in a week! After all, anything can be meal prep if you make enough of it.
Vegan Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- 2 slices sourdough toast
- 12 g (2 cloves) garlic, minced
- 30 g (2 tbsp) vegan mayo
- 2-3 slices tomato
- 1 pickle, sliced
- 30 g (½ cup) lettuce
- 60 mL (¼ cup) hot sauce, of choice
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) melted vegan butter
- 150 g (5 pieces) vegan chicken strips
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- To one of your Ello containers add the vegan chicken strips and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until they start to get golden.
- To make the garlic mayo, combine garlic and vegan mayo and mix. Set aside.
- To make hot sauce for chicken, combine hot sauce and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
- When chicken is baked, brush with hot sauce (on both sides) and place back in the oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes. Remove from the oven once cooked and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- To make your sandwich spread vegan garlic mayo on both pieces of toast, top one with lettuce, then the chicken strips, sliced tomatoes, pickles and top with the other slice of sourdough.
- Enjoy now or in your place in a container for lunch later.
Pin it for later: